As I’ve said previously, I LOVE to bake. When the leaves start changing, I get even more excited about baking. Let’s face it, the best goodies are the ones we associate with these cooler months. Yes, I am partially to blame for the expanding waistlines of my co-workers, friends, and family. Baking is something I usually do for other people, and that’s probably the reason I love it. I find it so fulfilling to spend time with people as they enjoy my creations. I really like trying new recipes as well. If you have favorites, please send them my way! Here is one recipe I’ve recently tried and it was a hit!
No- Bake Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake
- 3/4 cup of finely crushed graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1 8 ounce package of reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of sugar or sugar substitute* equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup of fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 2 8 ounce packages of fat-free cream cheese
- 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup orange juice
1. For crust, in a medium bowl, stir together crushed graham crackers and melted butter until crackers are moistened. Press mixture onto bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. Cover and chill while preparing filling.
4. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over orange juice; let stand for 5 minutes. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Stir 1 tablespoon of the gelatin mixture into the white cream cheese mixture and the remaining gelatin mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
5. Pour pumpkin mixture over chilled crust in pan. Carefully pour white cream cheese mixture over pumpkin mixture. Using a narrow, thin-bladed metal spatula or a table knife, swirl pumpkin and white mixtures.